Our face-to-face and remote Befriending teams, work within Sheffield’s Residential homes and Sheltered housing accommodation tackling loneliness amongst the elderly. Our goal in everything we do is to show love, compassion and friendship to those who are often left behind or forgotten after the loss of loved ones or through family breakdown.
WHAT IS BEFRIENDING?
Befriending is simply spending time one on one, having meaningful conversations which will often lead to talking about favourite past times. This is also a great way to prevent isolation and loneliness, especially those that often can’t leave their own rooms or homes.
This team provide meaningful activities and entertainment throughout the week, to encourage them with new skills, build relationships and to help them know they are loved and valued.
This is such a key project that we deliver, believing we can make a difference in the lives of some of the oldest and frailest members of our community.
WHAT CAN YOUR EXPECT FROM US?
We are committed to being:
- Reliable – We are consistent, and we do what we say we will do.
- Supportive – We support each other and those we partner with. We work together as a team and work together at providing the right support.
- Adaptable – We continue to learn and improve. We all work under the same Vision, we keep this at the heart of who we are and everything we do. We look nationally and locally to also be improving our practise.
- Caring – We care for those we are reaching out too. Everyone has a story to tell and wants to feel loved, valued and excepted.
- Trustworthy – We are open and honest; this is the foundation that we build Supporting Seniors on.
WHAT ABOUT SAFEGUARDING?
Our team and volunteers undertake DBS Checks (Disclosure and Barring Service) prior to getting actively involved with us to ensure they are suitable to get involved. We have a Safeguarding Policy which governs our work with vulnerable adults and all staff and volunteers are trained in accordance with this policy. Our teams carry identification to show that they are authorised and trained to support our clients.